Terms & Conditions
Coopers Home Appliances Terms and Conditions of Sale
These terms and conditions do not affect your statutory rights.
All products are sold subject to availability from the manufacturers and may be withdrawn from sale at any time. If, for any reason, an appliance ordered is not available, customers will be offered an alternative model or given a full refund. We cannot be held liable for any loss as a result of a delivery delay.
We reserve the right to change any advertised prices at any time. The price you pay is the agreed at the point of order whether in person, by phone, fax or email or through the website. Should a price change after you have placed your order we will not adjust your order to the new price.
As a general rule we will inform customers if products on display will be used for delivery purposes but we reserve the right to use such items provided they are considered in good merchantable order and no specific mention of boxed supplies has been made on the invoice.
All appliances supplied are intended for domestic use in the UK only. We cannot be held liable for faults occurring in appliances fitted and used outside the UK or used for commercial purposes.
It is the customers’ sole responsibility to fulfil registration requirements in terms of promotional offers including extended guarantees/warranties.
Coopers Home Appliances is a trading name of Brochris Enterprises Ltd.
Payment can be made by most major debit/credit cards, cash or cheque in British Pound Stirling. Full payment must be made before delivery. Orders paid by cheque will only be delivered after the cheque has been received and cleared. Legal title does not pass until full payment has been received.
Credit card details are recorded and verified through our secure server. Occasionally we may need to make contact to confirm details that may have been omitted or mistyped before the order can be accepted. When customers are paying by card, we may use certain information you have given us and also any received from credit reference agency checks. This helps to protect both you and us against fraudulent transactions. We will contact you if your payment details cannot be authorised for any reason and may invite you to pay by another method.
When placing your order over the phone or in store, you may be offered the choice of paying a deposit instead of pre-payment in full (e.g. for large orders or specialist items). This deposit is non-refundable should you choose to change the order after 7 days.
Storage of Pain for Goods
We will, if space in our warehouse permits, hold purchased items for up to 30 days. After this period we reserve the right to request immediate delivery to the agreed address. We also reserve the right to make a charge of £5 per week per item for storage beyond the 30 day period. Ownership of goods remaining in our warehouse for more than a year reverts to Coopers Home Appliances.
Orders in excess of £200 include free delivery to the doorstep anywhere in BA1 and BA2 postcodes. Delivery outside these areas will be subject to a delivery charge agreed as part of the sale. We do not deliver outside of the United Kingdom.
We reserve the right to deliver only to the registered address of the cardholder.
All appliances must be signed for on delivery.
We will wherever possible carry appliances inside but it is your responsibility to inform us at the point of sale of any factors which may affect ease of delivery including inter alia narrow doors, stairs, and steps or parking.
Where possible, and requested at point of sale, our staff will connect appliances to compatible plumbing and electrical services. We cannot be held liable for faulty connections. We will not be involved in any alterations or providing additional equipment of any kind especially involving carpentry or specialist electrician or plumbing expertise. This connection service will not be completed if we experience extreme difficulties.
Whilst we take pride and care when carrying out deliveries we will not be held liable for any accidental damage however caused.
We will remove your old appliance at the rate applicable at the time of ordering and undertaken on the basis of one for one at the time of delivering your new machine. This charge can vary from time to time as a result of current legislation and external forces.
We will do our best to deliver within the time agreed with you but cannot be held liable for delays dues to circumstances beyond our control. When a pre-arranged and agreed day has been given for delivery and that delivery fails due to there being no one at the address to sign for the goods, the customer may be liable to pay a failed delivery charge.
Where a delivery date cannot be fixed at point of sale we will contact you and provide a specific despatch date as soon as the goods are ready for delivery.
The customer is asked to closely inspect the goods upon delivery for any cosmetic defect before signing the delivery receipt. Damaged goods should not be accepted. We will return the rejected items to our warehouse and endeavour to replace them as soon as possible.
It is recommended that all customers should read the instruction booklets normally supplied by manufacturers before operating a new appliance. Often, problems that may initially seem like a fault can be rectified quickly and easily by referring to this documentation.
Customers should keep this receipt in case of need for future reference.
Purchases made by phone or on-line can be cancelled within 7 days. Provided that the goods can be returned unused and in the original packaging we will make a full refund less any delivery and collection charges. Refunds will normally be paid within 30 days of the cancellation date.
If there is no fault or damage with the product but you aren’t happy with it, your return will come under the following options:
Up to 14 Days
- Under your statutory rights, you are entitled to a 14-day return period if you are unhappy. If you have not used the product, and it is returned in its undamaged original packaging, you will receive a full refund. If the item is used, or not in it’s original packaging, the value of the product has been reduced, and so we may only be able to offer you a partial refund or charge you for the reduction in value. It is your responsibility to return the item to us in acceptable condition.
- Please note that the terms above do not cover bespoke (made to order or colour matched items) Given the uniqueness of these products no returns will be accepted, unless it is on the grounds of damage or fault
Credit notes are valid for 12 months from the date and time of issue. If you have not used it within 12 months, the balance will be cancelled.
We source our products directly from the manufacturers who undergo rigorous quality control. However, if you have found a fault with the product, you have a legal right to either a refund, repair or replacement. Here is what this looks like:
- If you have confirmed the fault within 30 days of delivery you’ll be able to return it for a full refund, repair or replacement. If we delivered the item to you we will arrange collection of the faulty goods. If the faulty item is collected from us it your responsibility to return it to us.
- If the fault has been found after 30 days, we will be able to repair or replace the product for you. If neither of these options are possible, once we have the goods back in store we will arrange a refund. In some instances, if you agree to keep the item we can offer a part refund.
- We may put you in touch or refer you to the manufacturers where the manufacturer warranty will best cover the fault or replacement.
- If the product is damaged or defected upon delivery, we must be notified within 3 working days. We strongly recommend unboxing and inspecting the product for any damage or defects as soon as it is received. Damaged products will not be accepted after 3 days.
- If the goods arrive in a damaged condition, you have the option to refuse the delivery. Depending on the damage, Coopers Home Appliances may be able to offer replacement parts or a damage allowance. Any damage allowance must be agreed upon before accepting the goods.